woensdag 26 februari 2014

[Quick Tip] How to fix bluetooth headset/speaker in Ubuntu 13.10?


So I've recentely switched to Ubuntu Gnome 13.10 to give the new Gnome Shell a try, so I won't be posting about elementaryOS for while now. Let me start by saying that I really love the new Gnome Shell, can't wait untill the new headerbars arrive in elementary!

So a problem that I encountered was that I was unable to connect to my bluetooth speaker. When I clicked connect on the bluetooth settings, it connected for a second or two, and then immediately disconnected again. I tried a lot of things to fix this issue, but I think these two did the trick for me:

First of all, try to load the Pulseaudio (your sound server) Bluetooth module manually, and see if that fixes the issue. You can do that by typing this in a terminal:
sudo pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

Try to connnect again to your bluetooth device. If that didn't help, go on and type the following in the terminal:
sudo gedit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf

This will open your audio configuration file for bluetooth. Here, search for the following line:
#AutoConnect=true
And change that to:
 AutoConnect=false
Don't forget to remove the hashtag as well! Save the file, and reboot your pc.

That should be it! Hopefully this fixed your bluetooth as it did with me :)

Questions? Put them in the comments!



6 opmerkingen:

  1. My experience: Above fis did NOT work for me at the beginning.
    Then I uninstalled Blueman and worked fine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. The bluetooth speaker is connected but does not show up in the sound settings, so I cannot tell my laptop to use the connected bluetooth speaker
    Connected in the bluetooth settings not showing up in soundsettings.

    anyone?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great solution, very useful information, thank you for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen